Langsung ke konten utama

Being Fearless to Speak Up!




For those, who haven’t any courage to speak up,

I know, most people I met in person out there said that I'm too talkative. In fact, hmm, maybe. Depend on the occasion that occur. But I do realize sometimes that there is an energy that boost up my mood when I’m surrounded by people. So, it makes me automatically talking a lot of things around just in a minute.

I can make the conversation last longer sometimes when talking to a stranger I just met. Obviously, it could jump from a topic to another and back again to the first topic that we talked before. Well, I just realized it when I’m writing this a minute ago. Hey… I bet you’re already tired just by reading this introduction. See… could you imagine that?

Maybe it's because of my curiosity. I don’t know exactly where some random topics that across my mind are comes from so I have some things to talk about, but I’m grateful. At least, the person whom I talked to didn’t feel bored while we're talking (or I guess they just never told me that they did ๐Ÿ˜‚). Well, I don't mean to be over confident by saying this, but I think, it’s happened just like that.

So, if you’re think that it's pretty much similar to my social media life, hold up! I guess you’re wrong. In fact, I rarely post something on it. Example on this blog. Tell me how long you need to wait until there is a new post in here? It’s been a long time, isn’t it?

Why this kind of things happened?

I don’t know where should I start this storytelling, but maybe, I can start it from what’s on my mind. 

Actually, I’m not a type of person who don’t really care about what is happening. I used to find something interesting to tell and make a small note or some lists to write about what are goes around somewhere (could be my phone's note or my small book). Including the topics for my blog.

Besides, I still find it comfortable to talk several things by person than share it to many people. I tend to avoid misunderstanding when telling them my opinion, hence it didn't goes what I want. Hahaha… sorry to say, but this happened too often.

And talking in the social media is one of them. At least, for me.

Have you ever feel worried about those things? I mean, when you're afraid of being wrong or make a mistake. Well, I do too. Related to social media, I feel whatever I did, or whatever I write, it will be watch by dozens of people out there (and it seems they are ready to seek what is wrong with you ๐Ÿ˜).

It’s normal thing if they react about what you post. Either they like it or not, or just skipped it right away. The question is, how if this kind of people left some negativity and provoke hate comments? This is what I worried about so far.

I actually not an anti-critic person. But I think, people nowadays are hard to distinguish which one is criticize and humiliating others. Mostly, they don’t know how to criticize others politely. It doesn’t matter if that person is very well and welcome to any kind of criticism. But, how if this happened to someone who never getting used to it (I mean, they just learn to be more open with others)? Have you ever think of his/her feeling?

In my opinion, whatever it is, insulting or bullying others in cyberspace is more cruel than in the real life. There were so many people who cannot stand hate speech, even can lead into fatal situation like committing suicide. That’s why, I became quite picky to choose what I should share through social media even though my head is full of thoughts.

Sometimes, there is also a thing that bother me. If I choose to be silent (tend not to post or writing anything because of this fear), how will I know how far it goes? Or let’s make it simple, how can I inspired others with what I thought?

And I still finding the answer while keep calm and observing the people around, until…

I think, maybe it’s time for me to showing up. Just be brave to share what is on my mind (and I feel it's worth to tell). Sometimes you need to pretending like nobody listened. I already noticed it many times. It’s okay to be not perfect at first. It’s very normal to make a mistake as we are human and post any random things once on our small world.

Why?

Because I found others are did the same way too. I often found some accounts who provokes hate comment, easily write a post without thinking is he/she insulting others, even showing off what they have like their trip, lavish lifestyle, prestige, and so on. Although, honestly, I easily getting bored to see this kind of posts. But I think, it’s how it goes. I ever think that social media was built for this kind of purpose. Well, it doesn’t mean that I always looked at social media negatively.

If they can post some silly things and just for fun or put some ideas which they think it's right without any hesitation, why do we limit ourselves to be more expressive?

So, I think social media is not just for gaining popularity, but also how could we express ourselves/sharing our opinion. Once again, it’s okay to be different. At the end, dare to speak up through social media is a way for me to fight the fear of people’s judgement. Slowly, I can act like I don’t really care of what they think about, especially facing the negative comments.

Apart of being a place for expressing, this cyberspace is also a good place to train ourselves, especially to be fearless being rejected by others. Try to remember this thing when you’re mentally down after being rejected, they were just put any comments without knowing the process. Whether they like it or not, isn’t it just based on our personal preference? It's very subjective.



   

Komentar