Langsung ke konten utama

Talking with...


Hello guys…
Assalamualaykum. I’m back. 

Finally, in the midst of study, I still can greeting or just dropping a 'Hi' to all of you who read this post. Welcome to my ‘unusual’ blog.😁
Can you find something unusual in this post? Yup, I’m typing in English.

It might not a special one for you, but since I never write full english post here, so let's call it special. Yeah, I just thought that I need to let myself familiar with this and let some foreigner readers know what I write about. Hehehe 😁
Though I opened the dictionary many times just to express what I gotta say. Hopefully, you still can enjoy it with many messy things here. 😁✌

Ok, back to the topic that I will tell you.
Hmm wait…
What I actually want to write?
Oh, alright, I remember now. So here is the story…

Last four days ago, I walked in the beach alone. Yups... alone. Don’t laugh, okay?
I was there to help my cousin to completed his research about tourism objects and asked some visitors with some question that have been written on paper.

I just walked without any direction. Tried to get along with people who enjoying the beach view and find another random person to answering the question. I thought it was easy to connected with people. But I was wrong. It wasn't easy as I thought.

I just interacted with the local and not that brave enough to talk with foreigners. First, because I’m too shy. Second because I didn’t have any idea to start a conversation. Last, because I’m afraid they didn’t understand what I mean. The point is, I didn’t know what to say.

Actually, I wanted to give it a shot to talk. But I knew, it's not the right time to play with it. I should finished all the questionnaire soon. Then, maybe I can let myself to try instead of just looked at them, smiling, saying ‘Hello’ and wandering if I could talk with them easily. 

Then, I found a man who was sitting alone, enjoying the view and smiling at me.
Whoa… what I gotta do? Turned away or challenging myself to talked with him? If you were in my position, what will you do?

I almost choose the first one cause I wasn’t ready. But then, my other thought bring this idea into my head, are there any chance for me if I choose runaway? When will I meet this chance again? Is there a time? Those way of thinking brought my step a little closer to him. I decided to talked for a while and trying my best.

He was greeted me first with ‘assalamualaykum’. I wasn't surprised because I thought he just being nice since he saw me with a scarf on my head. Then I answered his greeting with a little gig. I introduced myself and asked him for helping me being a respondent. He agreed and mentioned his name. I didn’t realize that and still repeating my question about his name. But he said “Don’t you know my name? I’ve told you. You must be that nervous until you forgot my name, don’t you?

Gotcha….

Maybe he's right since this was the first time I talked a lot with stranger. So I apologized and asked him to repeated his name. Luckily, he didn’t get angry because I forgot his name. What a fool 😔

When the conversation started, I got surprised because he able to speak in Bahasa. Yeah, a little bit, but that’s very helpful for me. At least, he still understand when I used Bahasa in the mid of our conversation if I were confused. 

We talked many things. About his life, his job, his wife, and his likes until I almost forgot what actually I wanna do. Oh, he also giving his opinion about his environment life before. From his answered, I thought he's kind of peaceful seeker. 

Ofcourse he giving me an advice too. “Don’t easily giving up when you’re learning language things, including English. Because now, wherever you go, English is important for you to get connect with,” he said.  

So, the other reason why I write this post in English maybe because of him. This post I dedicated for his motivation and also I want to explore how good I'm in english. So next time when we meet again, maybe we can talk a lot. 😂

And within this post, I'll drop a little note (especially to myself). Don’t giving up easily because you think you can’t. There must be something you need to do, though it’s hard and make you embrassed at the same time. Try to against it and… go with it. Good luck.😉


Komentar